The management of Optimum Mechanical Solutions Inc. is vitally interested in the health and safety of all our employees. Our goal is to have no injuries in the workplace. The protection of employees from injury or occupational disease is a major continuing objective. Optimum Mechanical makes every effort to provide a safe, healthy work environment which is a right of all workers. All supervisors and workers are dedicated to the continuing objectives of eliminating injury and risk to health.
In support of our commitment to each of our employees and to our customers we work for, we conduct weekly job site safety talks to ensure that we are fully competent and in complete compliance with Ontario’s Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, local policies, customer and contractor requirements. We ensure that the following training programs are provided but are not limited to:
- Confined Space
- Fall Protection
- CPR/ First Aid training
- Work at Heights
- Hoisting/ Rigging Awareness
- PPE Awareness training
- Powered Fork Lift training
- Elevated Platform training
- Asbestos/ Mould Awareness
- Articulating Boom Lift training
- Lockout/ Tag out
- Fire Prevention
Life Safety Goals and Objectives
- Optimum Mechanical initiates and maintains such H&S training programs as required and conducts regular inspections of the job site, materials, and equipment by designated competent persons.
- We instruct each employee in the recognition and avoidance of unsafe conditions and in the regulations applicable to his work environment to control or eliminate any hazards or other exposure to illness or injury.
- Restrict the use of any machinery, tool, material, or equipment that is not in full compliance with any applicable requirement of Ontario’s Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Permit only those employees qualified by training or experience to operate equipment and machinery.
- No task shall violate a safety rule or take a risk of injury or illness to complete the job.
- Injury prevention shall be considered of primary importance in all phases of operation and administration.
- Implemented written injury and illness prevention program with material safety data sheets.
- Regular employee and management safety education.
- Weekly job site inspections by H&S coordinator to ensure safe working environment.